Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Way, the Truth and the Life

John 14:6 Jesus says, I am the Way the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father except through me.

What a profound statement. Very concise and very clear. There is no other way to God, to heaven, EXCEPT through the Son, Jesus Christ. Because He shed his blood on the cross for our sins.

So why do Christians have a hard time understanding that? Yes, I'm singling out those who call themselves Christian, but believe that there are other ways to the Father. If you don't believe in the bible, God's Word to us, then you are doomed for eternity.

I've been wrestling with something lately in my life. I'm a super shy and quiet person. I hardly talk to people, other than my family and friends and so it's hard for me to share my faith. And also I'm guilty of brushing it off thinking, oh, someone else will lead them to Jesus Christ. That's wrong to think. I'm beginning to 'fully' understand just what it means to not know Christ. When you die without knowing Him, you are going to spend eternity in hell. That's quite sobering. A family member, or friend or worker that we know may be headed in that direction and it's Jesus' command to those who are His that we share the Gospel of Christ to a dying world.

Why is it so hard for us? Are we afraid of being mocked, laughed at, hated? Probably. My problem, or maybe more of an excuse is, I don't know what I'm doing, I don't know my bible well enough. I shouldn't use that for an excuse. And lately I've been praying for more of a love for people like God loves them. I pray to look beyond the exterior (and I'm not talking looks here). Hurting people tend to hurt or be what we think is obnoxious, proud, boastful, etc. But they need Christ just as much as we do. I'm also praying for opportunities to share Him with others and for the Lord to put the words into my mouth that I need to say because I definitely don't want to share with someone without His help. This is a huge step for me, so I ask that any of my friends who read this blog to please pray for me as well.

Just remember Jesus died on the cross for ALL of us. It's up to us to either choose or reject Him. I pray for whoever reads this that needs Jesus. Please come to know Him before it's too late.

We are all sinners and not worthy of His grace, Romans 3:10 says 'There is none righteous, no, not one'. Also Romans 3:23 says 'For all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God.' But if we ask forgiveness and REPENT of our sins, then He will save us. Romans 10:13 says 'Whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved'. Romans 6:23 says 'For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.' And God knows our hearts. He knows whether you mean it or not. He loves you though, He loves you and He wants you to know His saving Grace. May God bless you who read this.

No comments: