Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Birthdays abound!

We're celebrating several birthdays in the family this month. Yesterday our oldest daughter turned 23. Today would have been my mom's 71st birthday. Thursday is my youngest son's birthday and he is very excited about turning 12. My mil's birthday is on the 14th, and my daughter's best friend's birthday is on the 7th.

We took our daughter out for lunch yesterday at Perkins. On Thursday our son wants to go to the beach and then have Burger King for dinner. Ahhh, to be young and have simple things to make us happy on our birthdays. Chance of storms for Thursday so we may have to change plans a bit. He'd like to go see Up! I've heard it was good so maybe we'll go. We did see Night at the Museum the other day. It was pretty good. Ordered Nathan a Pirates of the Caribbean cake. He's very excited about it. He bought some cars today for his gift. He likes playing with them and he enjoys us playing with him on the floor. Simple things, simple things.

I am so thankful I am able to just share time with my children. When it all comes down to it, family is what matters more than material possessions. And a family who has a love for the Lord is just amazing. God has been so good to Keith and me. He has blessed us in so many ways. I thank HIM for always being there with us. Without Him, life has no meaning. Whether we are going through storms in our life right now or even being blessed, we should rejoice and praise Him. He is worthy of all our praise. What He did for us proves His love for us....all of us.

No comments: